Can you believe we’re in the last few days of August?! This summer has just flown by. Kiddos are going back to school, the evenings are getting cooler, and we’re gearing up to harvest our autumn veggies, even if they are a little late this year. We hope you’re all able to enjoy the last of our summer weather and find ways to keep cool this week.
We’re getting closer and closer to end of the season, and we know how vacation days can pop up on you. Let us know so we can help! We are more than happy to make accommodations for you, but we do require at least 7 days notice to make any changes to your delivery schedule, including a change to your delivery site or day. If you’re going to be late the day of, don’t forget to give your site host a call to see if you can make arrangements! September should go fairly smooth, but I’ll be out for some time in early October for my honeymoon, so the sooner you let me know, the better!
We are coming right up on September, so don’t forget those monthly payments are due this week! If you sent in post-dated checks, those will be cashed on the first. Please let me know if there are any issues with cashing those checks so we don’t cause you any trouble.
That’s My Farmer is having their annual dinner in October!
On October 17th, That’s My Farmer will be hosting their annual That’s My Farmer Low Income Fund Benefit Dinner at Party Downtown! This fund helps farmers to provide financial assistance for local farms and their CSA members. The dinner will be a drive-through affair like it has been the last few years due to Covid, but this year there will also be a limited amount of indoor seating. Drive-through dinners will be picked up between 5:00pm and 6:30pm, and the sit-down dinner will begin at 7:00pm.
We are not organizing this event in any way, so if you have any questions or would like to make dinner reservations for the benefit, please contact That’s My Farmer directly. You can call Katharine at 541-607-0106 or Patti at 541-343-2619.
Winter Green Farm will be having our Harvest Festival Potluck this year!
So many things happening in October! Details will come before too long, but pencil us in for mid-October, and come out to see the farm! Bring your favorite dish, bring a friend, and come join us for a day of harvest fun! We’ll have good food, great people, and hayride tours, come rain or shine! I’ll keep you posted as we get the details set in stone. We would love to see you all!
What’s in your box this week:
Some sites only:
- Patty Pan Squash
We aren’t always able to harvest our veggies in equal share, but don’t worry! We’re keeping excellent notes. If we aren’t able to get you something this week, we’ll do our best to get them to you the next time they’re available.
What We’re Making This Week:
- As things get busier, crockpot recipes become my best friend. I have a feeling this Crock Pot Chicken and Broccoli recipe is going to come in handy!
- Craving something sweet but still want it to be healthy? Try this Super Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!
- This past year, I taught myself how to make a Frittata, and I can’t tell you how excited I am to try this Zucchini and Cheddar Frittata for breakfast this week!
- Fall may be coming, but summer is still here, and this Crisp Cucumber Salsa is the perfect way to take in those great summer evenings.
- Looking for a great tomato sauce recipe? What about this Quick and Easy Garden Tomato Sauce?
- This Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Sandwich looks like it will make a delicious lunch!
- This Garlic Herb Patty Pan Squash recipe is a great way to spice up your dinner table.
- I’m always looking for tasty ways to eat eggplant, and this Fried Eggplant with Crispy Basil and Whipped Honey Feta may just do the trick!
What are you making? Send us a picture by email to folks@wintergreenfarm and you may just see if on our blog or social media! You can find us on Facebook at Winter Green Farm, or on Instagram at @wintergreenfarm. We would love to see what you’re cooking up!
We are so grateful to tag along on your food journey this summer, and we can’t wait to continue this fall. A special thank you to everyone who wished me well for my wedding. It was beautiful and a wonderful day! I’ll share pictures just as soon as I get them back from our photographer. Until then, keep enjoying your wonderful Winter Green veggies!
Chelsea and your Winter Green farmers