Can you feel autumn in the air yet? The mornings are crisp and cool, and in true Oregon fashion, the days get warm (which can cause confusion for your wardrobe!). We hope you’ll be pleased with the very full box this week, and we’re so excited to continue on this food journey with you!
A few things for our new members:
In the last few weeks, we’ve added a handful of new members to our CSA family, so I wanted to take a few moments to go over a few of the basics!
- When you pick up your share, don’t forget to check your name off the list so we know you got your box! We do check these when there’s an issue, so we love to know who picked up and who may have missed a share. After you get your share, please neatly stack the boxes so our driver can pick them up at the next delivery.
- Please only take a share if your name is on the list. We only pack enough for those listed, so if you think your name should be there and it isn’t, please shoot me an email at [email protected] and I’ll get back to you the next business day. From there, we’ll look at why your name might not have been there, then issue any kind of compensation for the missed box if the situation calls for it.
- Our office isn’t typically open during the pickup times, so if there’s an issue with the share or you aren’t able to find your site, you won’t reach a person by calling the farm. During your pickup window, please give your site host a call if you aren’t able to locate the house or your shares. If you switched locations for that week, please make sure you have the site host’s name and number. For their privacy, phone numbers aren’t listed on the website, but I’m happy to email it to you if you don’t already have it. Just let me know you need it when you make your vacation request.
Are you going on vacation? Let me know!
We completely understand if you aren’t able to get your share, and we want to help as much as we can. If you can’t pick up your box, you’re welcome to have a friend pick up your share, switch to a different pickup site for that week, donate your share to Food for Lane County, or take a credit toward next season’s share.
Please do keep in mind we need at least seven days’ notice from the earliest date of change (if you normally pickup on Friday, but want to move it to Tuesday that week, we need to know by the previous Tuesday) in order to process that request. We plan so much in advance, it’s hard to change at the last minute, and we want to keep things as smooth as we can for our crew, and as mistake-free as possible for all of you. Sometimes, mistakes still happen, but we do our best to keep them to a minimum. Thank you all so much for your help in doing so!
Are you interested in the Extended Season?
With only four weeks left in the Standard Season (after this one, of course!) we’re coming up on the Extended Season, which will begin mid-October. If you aren’t already, and you’d like to join us for the last five weeks of the Extended Season, let me know! I would love to get you added to our list for the fall crops!
If you are already signed up for the Extended Season, keep an eye on your email over the next couple of weeks. I’ll be sending out Extended Season Welcome Letters to verify pickup sites and contact information, which will also include another copy of your Extended Season site host information. If you have any questions or would like to change your pickup site, just let me know.
A quick note for Portland Extended Shares: All pickups during the Extended Season will be at the King Market on Sundays. Your last Standard Season pickup at the residential sites will be on Wednesday, October 11th.
Do you still have a balance on your account?
Just a friendly reminder for those that may still have a balance on your account that the deadline for payment or contacting the farm about payment is September 15th. After that date, we’ll be reaching out by phone and email to discuss discontinuing your shares. We definitely do not want to have to do that, so please get ahold of us if you need help with the payments. We’ve had some truly generous donors this year, so we do have financial assistance available, and would love to help any family in need.
You can access your invoice by logging into your account on our website and going to your orders. If you have questions about the amount or payments, please reach out at [email protected] or 541-935-1920.
Remember, we’re no longer set up to take payment over the phone, but you’re more than willing to pay online by card or you can pop a check in the mail to avoid that 3% transaction fee. You can send checks to:
Winter Green Farm
89762 Poodle Creek Road
Noti, Oregon 97461
Have you checked out our markets?
As much as we love to fill your boxes with as many veggies as possible each week, that isn’t all we have! We have so many veggies at our markets that you might be interested in! Corn, tomatoes, cauliflower, cucumbers, lettuce, potatoes, carrots, peppers, and so much more! Whether you’re looking for something that isn’t on the list, or you’re interested in more of something you already have, come see what we’ve got at our farmers’ markets! If you’re in Eugene, you can find us on Wednesdays from 2pm to 6pm at the Emmaus Church on 18th and Polk, or on Saturdays at the Lane County Farmers’ Market! If you’re in Portland, you can come say hi at the King Market on Sundays. Don’t forget to mention you’re CSA for that 10% discount! We would love to see you!
What’s in your box this week:
Some sites only:
We aren’t always able to harvest our veggies in equal share, but we do our best and we’re keeping excellent notes! Even though we’re nearing the end of the season, we’ll do our very best to get you next time if we aren’t able to get you this time.
What we’re making this week:
- Are you looking for a tasty appetizer that’s as easy to make as it is to eat? Try these Easy Corn Fritters!
- Do you like scalloped potatoes? I’ve found this to be one of my favorite Scalloped Potato recipes!
- I know, I know, I’m supposed to give you healthy recipes, but this Carrot Cake Cheesecake looks too tasty to pass up!
- Pancakes are a simple and delicious breakfast meal, but sometimes it’s hard to slip in some vegetables with your morning meal. That’s not the case for these Scallion Pancakes with Zucchini!
- Looking to leave summer for fall with a spicy bang? Try This Cowhorn Caso with Corn!
- Breads with fall veggies are one of my favorite staples of the season, and this Chipotle Focaccia with Garlic-Onion toppings looks amazing!
- The weather may be getting cooler, but we’re not done with summer yet. If you’re looking for a delicious sandwich with a fresh taste, try this Turkey, Mozzarella, and Kale Pesto Panini!
- These Grilled Eggplant Parm Hoagies will make a delicious lunch on the weekend!
- Looking for a creative way to eat all those tomatoes? Give these Baked Tomatoes with Cheese a go!
- This Shrimp Caesar Salad with Yogurt Dressing is a fresh take on an old favorite, and is sure to please all involved!
- I don’t know about you, but when the weather gets cooler, my go to is comfort food like this Sausage Cauliflower Casserole!
We hope you’re all enjoying September and the more temperate whether we’ve been having! We’re so excited to be able to get you so many fresh veggies, and we appreciate each and every one of you in our Winter Green CSA family!
Chelsea and your Winter Green farmers