Things are wet and muddy here at the farm as December settles in and winter quickly approaches. We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are celebrating the holidays however you choose, having great food, and making memories with loved ones.
We’re getting really close to being ready to sign you all up for the 2022 season, maybe even as soon as next week! It will be a three-pronged process, with a password to allow current members access before the general public, so keep an eye on your emails in the next week or so to make sure you don’t miss it.
As this year comes to a close, we will be sending out the last round of balance due statements for any accounts that haven’t been closed, as well as double-checking any credits left on your accounts, to make sure we’re all squared away before the new year. If you have any questions or concerns about your account for the 2021 season, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us here at the farm.
Hollywood Market Clarification:
Just a friendly reminder that the King Market in Portland is now finished, but you can still find us at the Hollywood Market on select Saturdays this month. The Hollywood Market will be open on Saturday, December 4, as well as Saturday, December 18. Come see us for your holiday veggie needs!
If you’re in the Eugene area or just passing through, you can find us as the Lane County Holiday Farmers Market downtown on Saturdays until December 18. We’d love to see you!
What’s Going on at the Farm:
The days have gotten surprisingly warm this last week, and our farmers have been working hard to get the broccoli harvested before the heat takes it from us. Add that to the burdock root harvest, and we’re staying busy even with a smaller crew for the off-season. After the holidays, it’s back to work on several projects Chris and Shannon have on the books for 2022, so right now, we’re taking full advantage of the slower days. We hope you’re getting a bit of downtime as well!
What We’re Making:
As December gets started and Christmas lights begin to twinkle down the street, I find myself aching for comfort food and warm, hearty soups. Here is a list of soup and casserole recipes you might want to try this week. I plan to give a few of them a go myself!
- It doesn’t matter what season it is, I’m always down for Tortilla Soup, and this classic, easy recipe looks delicious.
- This Baked Pumpkin Pasta with Pancetta, Gruyere, Kale, and White Beans will be sure to tickle your taste buds while also being incredibly healthy.
- Looking for an all-in-one meal? Try this Portobello Shepherd’s Pie.
- This Creamy Parm Tomato Soup is a great way to warm up on a cold evening. Add a tasty sandwich and you’re good to go!
- These Chicken Enchiladas are a great way to spice up your night.
- Chili of any kind is a favorite in my house, and this Classic White Chicken Chili is always a hit.
- I love trying new dishes, and this Nabeyaki Udon is a Japanese soup with lots of greens that I’m dying to try.
This year is rapidly coming to a close, but there’s still one month left and it’s sure to be a pretty one. Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, the lights are fun to look at, and there’s always the hope that we’ll get a little snow. We hope you’re all able to have a wonderful holiday season with your loved ones, full of delicious holiday meals. As always, we’re grateful you’re all part of our Winter Green Farm family.
Chelsea and your Winter Green farmers