Thai Steak Salad Print Recipe Back to Website
Recipe by Gracie Schatz
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 steaks, 200g each, Ribeye, New York or T-Bone Steak
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 thin skinned cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced into ½” thick half circles
- 2 small early girl or heirloom tomatoes cut into 1” thick wedges
- 1 large red chili, finely sliced (Carmen, Cozumel or Gypsy Pepper work well, you can choose a
- spicier pepper if you like spicy food)
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, finely ground
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, grated with a micro plane or pressed through a garlic press
- Bring the steak to room temperature. Place it a deep glass Pyrex dish and rub it with salt, pepper and fish sauce. Allow it to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat. Add the oil to the pan and cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side, until an internal temperature reads at 120 for medium rare, or adjust to suit whatever your desired doneness is.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Place the cucumber, tomatoes, mint, chilies, green onion and steak in a large bowl and mix with ½ of the dressing. Adjust salt to your liking and add more dressing if you desire.
- Serve with steamed rice if you want to make a more filling meal. Enjoy!